- We welcome graduate students Katie Homeyer and Dani Workman and undergraduate student Megan Douglass to the lab!
- Congratulations to Nettie for taking first place in the STEM Innovators Conference in Savannah, GA with her oral presentation entitled "Nitric Oxide Releasing Bioresorbable Polymers for Medical Devices".
- Priya presented at the Integrative Research & Ideas Symposium (IRIS) today. Great job, Priya!
- Sarah placed first in the 2017 Emerging Researchers National (ERN) Conference poster presentation in Washington, DC. Way to go, Sarah!
- Jiten's paper "Tunable Nitric Oxide Release from S-Nitroso-N-acetylpenicillamine via Catalytic Copper Nanoparticles for Biomedical Applications" has been accepted in ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. Congrats, Jiten!
- Dani placed first in this year's College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (CAES) Undergraduate Research Symposium out of more than 50 participants! Congratulations, Dani!
- Katie, Dani, Thao, Sai, and Jennie each presented their research at the Spring CURO Symposium earlier this week. Excellent work!
- Congratulations to Jiten for being named a finalist in this year's Three Minute Thesis Competition with his talk on artificial skin substitutes for burn injuries!
- Congratulations to Bryan his admission into Emory School of Medicine!
- Megan was accepted to the NSF GS LEAD program for the summer and fall. Congratulations, Megan!
- Katie, Dani, Priya, Jennie, and Thao did an excellent job sharing their hard work at the College of Engineering Research Showcase last week!
- We welcome graduate student Megan Douglass to the lab!
- Congratulations to Ben for his acceptance to MCG!
- Jiten's paper "A Multi-defense Strategy: Enhancing Bactericidal Activity of a Medical Grade Polymer with a Nitric Oxide Donor and Surface-immobilized Quaternary Ammonium Compound" has been accepted in Acta Biomaterialia. Congrats, Jiten!
- Congratulations to Nettie for winning the Rowan Rising Star Scholarship in the College of Engineering!
- Priya's paper "Enhanced antibacterial efficacy of nitric oxide releasing thermoplastic polyurethanes with antifouling hydrophilic topcoats" was chosen for the cover of Royal Society of Chemistry's Journal, Biomaterials Science. Congratulations, Priya!
- Congratulations to undergraduate student Die Thao Nguyen for being accepted as a Summer intern in Vietnam! Thao has been awarded a fully funded fellowship to spend a semester abroad in Singapore. Great job Thao!
- Congratulations to Priya for receiving the 2017 BMES Career Development Award!
- Dr. Handa and the Handa Lab was featured in Issue 114 of Research Features magazine.
- Handa Lab welcomes the new graduate students Ryan Devine and Arnab Mondal to their research group.
- Handa lab welcomes undergraduate students Martin Tran and Juhi Manch to their research group!
- Dr. Handa gave a invited talk at the BloodSurf 2017 conference at Clemson!
- Priya's paper "Covalent Grafting of Antifouling Phosphorylcholine-Based Copolymers with Antimicrobial Nitric Oxide Releasing Polymers to Enhance Infection-Resistant Properties of Medical Device Coatings" has been accepted in Langmuir. Congrats, Priya!
- Katie has won the best poster award among 65 other posters at GA Bio Summit. Congratulations Katie!
- Marcus's paper "Liquid-infused nitric oxide-releasing (LINORel) silicone for decreased fouling, thrombosis, and infection of medical devices" has been accepted in Scientific Reports. Congrats, Marcus!
- Martin Tran was selected for a Semester Abroad Program in Italy. Congrats, Martin!
- Congratulations to Marcus Goudie on his successful PhD defense!
- We welcome Kaylee O’Connor and Nettie Brown (University of Alabama and University of Georgia, respectively) for their NSF-REU internship in the Handa Lab at UGA for the Summer.
- Congratulations to Jiten Pant for being placed 1st in the UGA College of Engineering Graduate Club Poster Competition (among graduate students).
- Congratulations to Sarah Chaji and Alyssa Ghuman on being placed 1st and 3rd, respectively, in the UGA College of Engineering Graduate Club Poster Competition (among undergraduate students).
- Dr. Hitesh Handa presented a talk in the 10th World Biomaterials Congress in Montreal, Canada. His talk was entitled “Nitric Oxide (NO) Releasing Catheters to Reduce Thrombosis and Bacterial Infection”
- We welcome post-baccalaureate researcher Bryan Grommersch and high school student Sandelin Sikes to the Handa Lab at UGA
- Dr. Hitesh Handa spent July 4th-9th at IIT Kharagpur as visiting faculty.
- Congratulations to Dani, Katie, Jennie, Netti, and Sai on receiving CURO Research Assistantships in the Handa Lab at UGA.Marcus Goudie was awarded a prestigious ARCS Scholarship for excellence in research. Congrats, Marcus!
- Graduate students Marcus and Jiten, as well as undergraduates Kaylee and Nettie, presented at the BMES annual meeting in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Marcus's paper "Characterization and In Vivo Performance of Nitric Oxide-Releasing Extracorporeal Circuits in a Feline Model of Thrombogenicity" has been published in the Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A. Congrats, Marcus!
- Dr. Hitesh Handa gave an invited talk at the AVS Conference in Nashville entitled “Nitric Oxide Materials - An Approach to Creating More Hemocompatible Medical Device Coatings"
- Priya's paper "A Review of the Recent Advances in Antimicrobial Coatings for Urinary Catheters" has been published in Acta Biomaterialia. Congrats, Priya!
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”10″ gal_title=”All galleries”]